Thursday, March 22, 2007

Tokonebo says . . .

. . . How!!
I'm finally getting my act together enough to join you all - it's great to hear about new jobs, new cars (congrats, Liz!), new mission calls (congrats, Colin!), and everything else.
So, quickly, we're enjoying some balmy March weather in Denver - it's supposed to be the snowiest month, but we took care of about three winter's worth of snow in December and January, so it's about time we get some 70-degree days.
Anyway, right now I'm teaching a couple of classes in the Humanities/Comparative Literature Dept. at the University of Colorado in Boulder. I'll start teaching at Kent Denver School, a private high school, in the Fall. It's a beautiful place with great students and colleagues, and it will mean no more commuting for me or for Frank, who just started a new job in downtown Denver in February.
I've wavered on the blog business for a while, but after deciding that my initial plan of doing two blogs was a little too ambitious, I've whittled things down to one. I can now (as of two days ago) be found at:
http://leftundone.wordpress.com/. Lots of silliness so far, but sometimes that's just what the doctor ordered. Dr. Bentley, that is. PhD in Silly. (Which is what Medieval Spanish Literature really is, after all. Just plain silly.)

Thanks, Annie the Ambitious Homebody for setting this up!

Love,
Matt

2 comments:

nathan said...

I love your blog. I'm impressed with your youtube clips and tags. I'm also curious about the snap plugin for wordpress. Do you by chance know if that plugin uses Ajax?

At work several people have been getting into wordpress quite a bit. How do you like using it? I'd love to hear what your experience has been.

Matt said...

Hey Nathan,

I love wordpress - they have a variety of customizable templates, and I liked so many of them that it was hard to decide on one. I'm not sure what the snap plugin is - I have to admit I'm pretty in the dark on a lot of the technocabulary. But the program I use to take snapshots of DVDs is called Snapz Pro. It's not free, but I love being able to pick a frame I like and grab it.